LUDWIG’S CORNER HORSE SHOW
2019 RULES & REGULATIONS
- Hunter Classes will be judged on performance and soundness. Any additional specifications will be noted. No martingales in under saddle classes.
- Hunter courses may include brush, coops, in and out, stone wall, log, gates, and will be posted at the in-gate at least one hour prior to each class.
- Jumper Courses may include post and rail, gates, oxer, wall, panels, coop, or any other combination of the above.
- Jumpers – all ties involving first place shall be jumped off. All ties for placings other than first will be broken by first round time. The time allowed is based on 350 meter/minute for all jumper classes. No martingale restrictions when used in the conventional manner.
- Champion & Reserve Champion – based on points won in a section/division. 10, 6, 4, 2, 1, .5 points. Grand Champions are calculated on total ribbons earned in qualifying classes/divisions.
- Courses and Fences: Show Management reserves the right to change the obstacles or vary the courses at their discretion, including use of dotted line / courtesy circle. Fence heights are approximate.
- Jump Order: Hunters will be determined at the gate, Jumpers will be posted 1 hour prior. Jumper Order Of Go is generated by computer in office. Derbies & Classics: In the event two horses ridden by same rider draw adjacent positions, they will be separated by minimum of four places and maximum of eight places depending on the number of horses entered in the class.
- Conflicts will be handled at the gate. The Rosato Oval takes priority. Under saddle classes are not considered a trainer conflict.
- Show Management reserves the right to cancel any class when in its judgment the entries are inadequate and to combine or divide any class or classes should the best interest of the show require it. Any Division with 30 or more entries will be split.
- If necessary to meet time schedule requirements, Show Management reserves the right to limit the number of entries accepted in each division or class. (First come, first served basis.) Also reserved is the right to move the location of classes, and adjust the time schedule if in the opinion of management circumstances dictate such changes.
- Should a question or dispute arise not provided for in these rules, the same shall be referred to show management whose decision shall be final. LCHS conforms to the current USEF rulebook.
- Exhibitors are notified that any discourtesy or disobedience to the Judges, Show Officials, Committee members or Volunteers on the part of an owner, trainer, rider, groom, agent or family member shall disqualify the horse, and the owner shall forfeit his entry and other fees.
- Exhibitors must be in proper riding attire for their class and wear ASTM/SEI approved protective headgear. No cell phone use /ear bud use while mounted in show or schooling rings, or while lunging.
- DOGS must be on a leash.
- The Ludwig’s Corner Horse Show/ Ludwig’s Corner Horse Show Association/Foundation (LCHSA) will not be responsible for any loss or damage that may occur and it shall be a condition of entry that each exhibitor/rider/driver/handler/coach and trainer, and his/her agent(s), guardian, or parent shall indemnify and hold the Ludwig’s Corner Horse Show/Association/Foundation harmless for any illness, loss, accident or injury which may occur to any owner, exhibitor, groom, attendant, spectator, animal or equipment at the show.
- In the case of an incomplete entry blank by a rider, trainer, coach and/or parent, the first entrance into the ring as an exhibitor shall be construed as their acceptance of the rules & regulations of the competition and of LCHSA and shall make them subject to those rules & regulations.
- LCHSA may use or assign photographs, videos, audios or other likeness of exhibitors and horses taken during the course of the competition for the ongoing promotion, coverage or benefit of the competition in 2019 or the future. All rights in connection with such use, including any claim to compensation, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, or to misappropriation are expressly and irrevocably waived.
- Participants utilizing an online entry system for this Competition do so with the agreement that they have read the Official Prize List & Entry Blank and agree to follow all class specifications, rules, requirements, regulations and conditions in the Official Prize List and on the Entry Blank.
Jump Height Conversions Meter to Feet
0.70m – 2’3” 0.95m – 3’1” 1.20m – 3’11”
0.75m – 2’5” 1.00m – 3’3” 1.25m – 4’1”
0.80m – 2’7” 1.05m – 3’5” 1.30m – 4’3”
0.85m – 2’9” 1.10m – 3’7” 1.35m – 4’5”
0.90m – 2’11” 1.15m – 3’9” 1.40m – 4’7”
Table II.1 Time First Round/Speed Class
Table II.2a Time First Jump Off, all clean rounds to jump off after all first rounds are completed.
Table II.2b Time First Jump Off, all clean rounds stay in the ring and jump off immediately.
Table II.2c Power & Speed