Lead Line will be held on Friday, September 4th at 9:30 am in our Schooling Ring as a standalone division, so extended family members can attend. Please Pre Enter by 5 pm Wednesday, September 2nd. We will allow 1 trainer/handler and both parents per entry. Additional family members will be determined by the number of entries in Lead Line. We want everyone to enjoy this class! No post entries.
Please note due to COVID19 challenges this year, Stabling will NOT be available at this show. Stabling will return in 2021.
There is one outside photographer allowed access to the grounds. If you wish to have your classes professionally shot, please arrange with E S Equine Photography in advance of the show.
While braiding is traditional at the show, it is not required and judges will not penalize an exhibitor who does not braid their horse or pony.
Anyone entering the Ludwig’s Corner Show Grounds must adhere to the 2020 COVID19 Policy & Rules while on the property. Those admitted and found not in compliance with these Rules will be asked to leave the site and will not be allowed re-entry. Additionally, all state and local laws that may be applicable at the time of entry must be followed.
Management reserves the right to change the rules at any time as necessary.
- LCHS is open to Essential People only. Trainers, Riders, Grooms, Owners, Support Staff & Show Officials. In the case of Junior riders – only 1 Parent/Guardian. NO SPECTATORS, NO additional Family or Friends are allowed.
- If you are experiencing ANY of the symptoms related to the Covid-19 virus, PLEASE STAY HOME and contact your healthcare professional. For a list of symptoms visit: www.cdc.gov
- If you have been in physical contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID19 within the past 14 days, please stay home.
- All participants on the grounds must have a completed Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement on file with the show office. These will be collected at the main entrance as you drive in. You will receive a wristband to wear for the duration of the show.
- All persons on the grounds will wear masks or face coverings in public (except when mounted on a horse), and practice social distancing.
- Trainers will be held responsible for their barns and ensuring that those affiliated with their barns adhere to the Rules. Please discuss with everyone the importance of following these Rules.
- There are numerous hand sanitizers, sprays & wash sinks located on the grounds, please use them frequently.
- DO NOT LITTER. Please use trash receptacles properly so the staff does not have to touch contaminated items that may have been discarded improperly.
- There will be NO CONGREGATING anywhere on the site. In the event of a storm, please shelter in your car/trailer and do not gather in a starter tent, the awards tent or at the show office.
- We will strive to post Orders of Go, Start Times and Important Information on www.horseshowing.com
- Be mindful of social distancing when interacting with the staff in the Starter Tents, Show Office & those working the show.
- Only one horse and one trainer at a time will be allowed at all in gates of all rings.
By joining together in this effort we can keep everyone safe & healthy and have a great competition!
Entries must be done either: Online at HorseShowing.com or
Email a COMPLETED blank to: JackKate@aol.com
Pre-enter DEADLINE is 10 pm, Monday, August 31st, 2020.
After creating your online entry, please be sure to click “SUBMIT” to properly complete your entry to the show. Horseshowing.com will send you an email confirmation of your entry.
No snail-mailed or phone entries will be accepted.
A $25 non-refundable Office Fee applies to all entries. Entries received after the pre-enter due date will be accepted, but will incur a $30 post entry fee. Post Entries will be accepted until 5 pm Friday, September 4th. Leadline entries due in by 5 pm Wednesday, September 2nd, and are exempt from the Office & Post Entry fees. Please note that Lead Line has moved to a standalone division at 9:30 am on Friday.
*A $12 COVID19/EMT/Grounds Fee applies to all entries.
* Entry forms must be accompanied in the Show Office by check with a daytime phone number written on it, or a credit card, and a current negative Coggins for each horse/pony. *All entries MUST have a credit card on file for incidentals or classes that may be applied to your account after you check out.
*Entries paid by credit card must have a completed credit card authorization form on file.
The Show Office is open Friday before the show from 12:00 pm – 5 pm, and opens at 7 am each morning during the show and closes promptly at 5 pm each day.
A credit card must be left on file with your entry. Please note that Parents MUST sign the Entry Blank for their minor child. This also includes the Entry form for the Open Schooling Afternoon on Friday before the show. Trainers may not sign for junior riders.
Scratch/Adds must be done on HorseShowing.com prior to the start of the class. We do not accept Scratch/Adds on Facebook, via Email or over the Phone.
Phone Day Of Show:
(908) 800 – 3135
Do to COVID19 restrictions & challenges, there will be no stabling available at the show this year. We will have stabling available in 2021.
The Hampton Inn – Downingtown/Exton
4 North Pottstown Pike, Exton PA 19341
*Free Breakfast * Pet Friendly – No Extra Charge!*
Call and ask for the horse show rate $114 USD/night.
The show grounds are located at the crossroads of routes 401 and 100 in Northern Chester County – minutes from the PA Turnpike.
5 Nantmeal Road
Glenmoore, PA 19343
FROM THE PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE – Downingtown Exit
Take Route 100 North for approximately 4 miles, cross over Route 401. The showgrounds are 0.3m further up on your left.
FROM ROUTE 30 Bypass coming from Coatesville/Lancaster:
Take Route 30 Bypass towards Downingtown, exit onto 113 towards Lionville to Route 100 North past the Turnpike, continue on 100 through the light at route 401, to the showgrounds just up on your left.
FROM ROUTE 202 coming from King of Prussia/Malvern/West Chester
Exit at 401, take 401 West to Route 100 at Ludwig’s Corner. Turn right onto 100. The showgrounds are 0.3 mile up on your left.
Take Route 100 (Pottstown Pike) South into Glenmoore/Chester Springs. The showgrounds will be on your right 0.3 mile before the intersection of routes 100 & 401.
Passenger cars are not allowed to follow trailers into the trailer parking, and will be parked in the grass fields near the Main Entrance. The field close to the show office is reserved for trailer parking only. Please ensure your tack and show supplies are in the trailer before you leave for the show.
Please note the horse show does not permit outside shade canopies/tents to be erected near the schooling & competition rings. These are only allowed back by your trailer or car.
At LCHS we strive to provide a wide array of ribbons and prizes for our junior, amateur adult and professional exhibitors. Your generous sponsorship allows us to do this & directly benefits the bottom line of the horse show!
You can support Ludwig’s Corner Horse Show at three levels:
- Individual Membership $35
- Family Membership $50
- Open Space Supporter $50
- Barn Membership $75
- Corporate Membership $150
Each level of membership includes schooling privileges on designated days during the summer, 1 free Hunter or Equitation class at the Show, and special recognition in the program.
A Winner’s Circle is located at the back end of the Main Ring and up by the Show Office. All riders may take their photos in either location with their ribbons and awards. To reduce the amount of handling of our show trophies, LCHSA will be displaying only those trophies for our signature classes & Grand Champions. Please note that due to COVID19 there will be only one professional photographer with approved access to the grounds this year. Photographers are not allowed inside the exhibition rings & are bound by the Rules of the show. To have your classes professionally photographed, please contact ES Equine Photography in advance of the show.
Trophy winners at Ludwig’s Corner Horse Show are presented with beautiful trophies which are then engraved with their names next to the past winners. Trophies are retained by the horse show. In order to keep the history of the show alive and part of the local community, LCHSA engraves & then displays the trophies all year in two separate display cases at the crossroads of routes 401 and 100 in Ludwig’s Corner. Thanks to S&T Bank and Ludwig’s Grille & Oyster Bar for being a part of one of the longest running horse shows in Chester County and showcasing our trophies inside their businesses.
The Ludwig’s Corner Horse Show is a member of the following points associations:
- Chester County Horse Show Association offers points in Hunters, Pleasure & Equitation.
- Ex-Racehorses registered with The Jockey Club are eligible to compete in our TJC Thoroughbred Incentive Program classes for Hunters and Jumpers at the show. You must have your horse registered with tjcTIP and list your horse’s TIP number on your show entry blank when entering & to be considered for division awards.
- Marshall & Sterling Insurance League points are offered in Medals & the Ch/Ad Jumper Classic. Riders must be members of the Marshall & Sterling Insurance League in order for points to count. Only the Rider need join.
- Princeton Equestrian League offers points in select Hunters, Pleasure, Jumpers & EQ classes. Riders & Horses must be registered for points to count.
- Freedom Horse Show Series offers points in Jumpers.
- Side Saddle riders earn ISSO points.
It is our pleasure to bring you the
77th Annual Ludwig’s Corner Horse Show
Thank you to our 2020 Sponsors, Donors & Friends