Trophy Curator needed for Labor Day Weekend
Trophies at the Ludwig’s Corner Labor Day Weekend Horse Show
The Horse Show Committee is in need of 1 adult to “chair” or curate the trophies before, during and after the show. This volunteer position is a very limited time commitment during the year starting a week before Labor Day Weekend.
LCHS has about 30 plus trophies, so while not a large amount, attention to detail & record-keeping during the horse show is needed. This person can tag-team with a friend in handling the trophies during the horse show. The Horse Show starts at 8 am each day and runs through to dusk.
As a member of the Horse Show Committee – parking & entrance to the horse show is free, and you’ll be working within the Awards & Trophy Tent during the horse show, availing yourself of the rights and privileges within. This is a perfect opportunity for a “retired” horse show parent who still likes to keep their toe in the water, or someone who wants to give back to the horse show community.
Starting a week before the horse show:
- Remove trophies from our display cases at The Ludwig’s Grille and at DNB First at Ludwig’s Corner
- Prepare and polish any trophies for presentation
- Package in transport bins (provided)
- Communicate with the Sponsor Committee and Awards Chair on Trophy Presenters
The Friday before the horse show:
- Transport the trophies to the Horse Show
- Install the trophies in the display case within the horse show office.
During the horse show:
- Maintain a list at the Awards Tent of all trophies with correct winners each day
- Communicate with the Sponsor Committee and Awards Chair on Trophy Presentations for each day
- Ensure each day’s trophies are displayed correctly
- Escort Trophy Presenters into and out of the Main Ring as needed
- Handle trophies for any winning exhibitor wishing a photo opportunity at the Awards Tent
- Coordinate with Awards chair special ribbons and/or prizes that are assigned to specific trophies that day
- Be comfortable zipping in and out of the show rings and/or standing in presentation photos as needed
- Have fun!
After the horse show:
- Remove trophies from the display case within the horse show office
- Update the engravings of this year’s winners of trophies
- Determine any trophies needing to be retired, repaired or replaced
- Deliver trophies for engraving
- Pick up finished trophies from trophy engraver (Usually in October/November)
- Install trophies in our display cases at The Ludwig’s Grille and at DNB First at Ludwig’s Corner
For more information – contact the Awards Chair at this link: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org